Total Pageviews

Monday, November 8, 2010

First Post: The Year Ahead...

I own too many games. Every year I have an ever-growing list of games piling up to be played, and yet I continue to buy new ones! With that taken into consideration, I have decided that in 2011 I will focus on going back to "the wonder years" of gaming: the 8-bit and 16-bit eras that - let's be honest - was where I was more comfortable anyway. I will spend the year replaying the old classics (including some that I missed back in the day) and commenting on how well they have aged.

I have a list of games that I intend to play throughout the year, starting with the earliest N.E.S. launch titles. Here are my guidelines...

  • Generally, each game (or block of games) will be played for a week before moving on to the next.
  • If a game has not been completed by week's end but I wish to keep playing it, I may.
  • If I am really not enjoying a game, I can skip to the next one straight away.
  • There can be a number of exceptions to my retro year. (eg. I will definitely be buying "Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword" when it is released) However, I will avoid buying any new games unless they are absolute must-haves.
I will endeavour to create short response videos to post as I go, and I encourage anyone else to come on this journey with me and share their own thoughts on these games of yesteryear.

I've still got some preparation to do - my list of games is almost complete and I'm wondering how on Earth I'm going to play that many games in a year! - but there's still a month or two left to prepare. If you can think of any games that you think must be on the list to play in 2011, leave a comment. Looking forward to it!

Irvyne

No comments:

Post a Comment