Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

WEEK FIVE

Zelda II. For some reason, there's no "the legend of" in this title. It's most often referred to as the "black sheep" of the Zelda family, but it's still a definite part of the series. It's incredibly difficult, but I managed to use a few tricks to make it slightly easier - see the video for more details on that. As far as the (assumed) Legend of Zelda timeline goes, this is the very last story. Ganon was killed in the previous game, and at the end of this one Link returns the Triforce to its full glory. I reckon there's definitely opportunities here for Nintendo to flesh out the story more. Why not tell the long-ago tale of why the Triforce was split, and why Princess Zelda fell into her slumber? Better yet, why not have an adventure set long after The Adventure of Link? I'd love to see a Hyrule more technologically advanced than we've ever seen before. So many possibilities, but they seem content to play it safe.

Well, I can say one thing... Zelda II did not play it safe. It was anything BUT a "cookie-cutter" sequel.




Apologies for the quality of the game footage. I actually filmed a lot more than you see here, but the flickering (due to PAL/NTSC differences) was unbearable. Did anyone else manage to play through it this week? What did you think? Is it as good as you remember it?



It's going to take me a while to get through the next lot of games, but I'll be sure to post as soon as I do. I also added the list on the bar to the right, so it's easily accessible. Happy gaming! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment