Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SUPER PLAY CORNER - JANUARY / FEBRUARY 1993


Good news, everyone!!
I (finally!) finished Final Fantasy V tonight! I am genuinely sorry it took so long to play through, but I am such a fan of the series, I wanted to play it properly. (Which in this game's case, means quite a lot of level-grinding) So give me a couple of days and a new episode should be up. As much as I've enjoyed the adventure with Bartz, Lenna, Galuf, Faris and Krile, I'm looking forward to playing some different games!

In the meantime...


Let's see what was happening in Issue #4 of Super Play.



Interesting... I never realised that Konami went into the hardware business. Looks like they were a bit ahead of their time with the whole "wireless controller" thing. The WaveBird was the first one to really get wireless gaming right. Cables seem like a pain in the butt now.


Ah, those wacky Japs and their obsessive gaming. It's interesting that Dragon Quest V and Final Fantasy V came out very close to each other.
P.S. Amazing news! I'm in the process of planning a round-the-world trip next year (mainly the U.S. and U.K.) and it looks like I'll be able to make a stopover in Japan on the way home! Can't wait to finally see this amazing country with my own eyes and soak up its bizarre and awesome culture!


This little report is awesome for so many reasons. Firstly, that must be the first ever screenshot of Star Fox. Secondly, they haven't even got the name right! In the next couple of weeks I'll post the article that Super Play did on the different types of specialty chips that were put into Super Nintendo cartridges. It's an interesting read!

So there you have it. I love looking back at this "news of the past." Now I'm off to edit together a video. Hopefully it'll be up before long! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment