Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

EPISODE 58

Sorry this one took a while. I was just enjoying playing the game too much!


I wonder if there's anyone out there who'd disagree that Chrono Trigger has stood the test of time...


Surely not... By the way... What the freak is with the box-art? There's only two instances where the heroes go to the snow, and I don't remember any monsters that look like that. Meanwhile, Marle is shooting fire out of her finger. But Marle has nothing to do with fire, that's Lucca's speciality. If Marle was shooting anything out of her finger, it would be ice. The balance of the picture seems off, there's way too much white... It's just a really strange choice for box art. Anyway...

There are a few games that are worth playing over and over again. This is one of them. Anyone else going to play Mega Man 7 and/or Yoshi's Island with me this week?

3 comments:

  1. Hi ! I'm a HUGE Chono Trigger fan and I was wondering WHY did Marle was doing fire spell and everything...
    Well, I can tell you why.

    Sorry for the link, it's in French. BUT, the box-art was made over a gameplay sequence in the Chrono Trigger Demo.
    That monster on the box is Heckran and what Chrono and Marle are doing is some Dual Tech.
    At that time, Marle was able to do Fire Spells.

    http://www.consolesyndrome.com/blog/une-histoire-de-jaquette-chrono-trigger/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Well done for finding that out! It is strange that they kept that box art though. Square of America seemed to have very little logic at times...

      Delete
  2. So many great memories... this one came out when I was 14 or 15 years old, and I sank an entire summer vacation into it. Fantastic review, I might have to go back and replay this for old times' sake.

    ReplyDelete